Monday, February 2, 2009

Two Moms, The Zark, and Me


This was a book that i randomly just grabbed from the shelf and checked out. The book was very interesting to me and really got me thinking. It is about a little boy who has two mothers. When he gets lost from his parents he asks a man for help finding his moms. The man tells the boy it is wrong to have two mothers and he will help him find another family. The story really touched me when I read it. It made me think about all of the different types of families that I could possibly have in my classroom someday.
I think there are many lessons that could be taught from this book. You could definately use the book as a way to show how many families are different. It is important for children to be aware of all of the different types of families and to realize that everyone should be accepted. You could also use the book to show how not accepting others may make them feel. When the man told the boy that it was wrong and a sin for his family to be different the boy was sad and upset, but he does not feel ashamed of his family by any means.
This book could definately be a posotive way to teach kids about how all families are different. There are lots of different emotions in the book and the illustrations help to portray these emotions very well. The book all rhymes too...MY FAVORITE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment