Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Alien for Rent


While volunteering with a third grade class a young girl was reading this book and thought it was quite funny so I decided I would give it a shot. When Lexie and J.P. see a sign on the bulliten board saying, "Alien for Rent," they go outside under the tree to where this magical creature says he would like to meet. When they encounter the little green alien and think he's kind of cute. The alien wants to help the two friends so he makes the school bully who has been picking on them act like a baby. Even though J.P. and Lexie don't care for Bruce the bully they do everything they can to get the alien to turn him back to normal.
I think there are many different spots in the book that a child would find humerous. When Bruce is turned into a baby he does lots of goofy things. In a way, this book teaches a little lesson about bullies, but also about being a good person. Even though J.P. and Lexie don't care for Bruce they try there hardest to help him.
The book made me think about having a magical friend when I was younger and what I would do if I had a magical pet alien. The book was written for children ages seven to ten and I definately think that a child this age would find this book quite funny. I think it would get a child's imagination flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment