Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Hello, Goodbye Window

The Hello Goodbye Window, is a book filled with amazing pictures that give you a very heartwarming feeling. Norton Juster wrote about a special window this little girls likes at her grandparents house. The story talks about all of the fun things that she likes to do when she spends time with her grandma and grandpa. The window, I feel, is symbolic for being able to look in on the time the child spends with her grandparents. They are very special to her and she talks about all of the fun memories she has with them. The book reminded me of all of the fun things I used to do when I would spend a week at my grandparents in the summers. It brought back lots of fun memories.
Chris Raschka does such a wonderful job with the illustrations in this book. They actually look like they could have been watercolored on by a child. They really brought out the concept of childhood and the memories that the young girl had. I read the book and then went back just to look at the pictures. They are so very beautiful and quite unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment