Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Olivia Saves the Circus


I thought Olivia Saves the Circus was an excellent book. Ian Falconer did such a great job making the book funny and unique and the illustrations were definately one of a kind. The book tells about how Olivia tells a fib to her classmates about how the circus was all sick with ear infections so she had to take over. I found myself smiling a lot during the book. It is just really cute and really well written. The pictures are really interesting because they are in black and white and then certian things are in color. They really catch your attention. I liked how one of the pages folded all the way out. This is a really fun feature for kids... and me! Right when you open the book there are small pictures of Olivia doing different things and I thought they added to the book. I think the author did a great job of creating the character of Olivia. She seems like a very special little pig. The storyline of the book was really cool because Olivia had to do all of the things that go on in the circus all by herself!!! One thing I could not understand was the picture above Olivia's bed in the book. It is a grandma waving her hands in the air. I thought it was very very random and I tried for quite a while to figure out what is was.

No comments:

Post a Comment