Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Milo's Hat Trick


Milo's had trick was written and illustrated by Jon Agee. I thought this book was really funny. It is about a man who does hat tricks with a bear at his magic show. This book is very funny. When Milo looses his hat with the bear in it and the bear pops out of his hat with a random man at a resturaunt, I even laughed out loud a little bit. The book isn't predictable and that is what I liked about it. The pictures in the book were very interesting. They were simple sketches with lots of color. One thing I noticed about the illustrations were that none of the people in the pictures had eyeballs. They had a place for their eyes, but they were just white circles. I didn't think that it made the people look bad, but I thought it was kind of different and wondered why the illustrator made this choice. I think this would be a fun book to show kids. I feel it would make them laugh and learn a little bit about magic at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment