Sunday, February 15, 2009

Gone Wild


In this book David Mclimans shows an interesting way to learn your ABC's. Each page gives a letter, and next to the letter there is the name of an animal that is an endangered species. A big letter is shown on each page and the letter is shaped in the shape of the animal it is representing. This was really fun for me to look at. It was interesting to look at the drawings because they were all drawn simply in black and white yet they were so detailed and unique. I found myself looking at the letter and trying to guess what animal it was going to stand for before I read the actual name of the animal above.
The book also told a little bit about endangered species before it started with the alphabet and I thought this was a good choice because it really got me focused on what the book was going to be about. On each page the book told the animals class, habitat, range, threats, and status. Since the pictures were in black and white I used my imagination to picture what the animals would look like in color and also in it's habitat. It was a fun way to use my imagination and also learn more about endangered animals I had never heard about. I think this book is especially cool because it can be used for all different ages. If your looking for a fun way to learn your ABC's....Gone Wild is an excellent choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment