Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Guess How Much I Love You


Guess How Much I Love You was written by Sam McBratney and illustrated by Anita Jeram. It is a book about a mom bunny and her little baby bunny telling each other how much they love eachother. This book really reminded me of when I was little and I used to hold my hands out as far as they would go and tell my mom how much I loved her. We kind of did the same things the bunnies did by trying different ways to make our love for eachother grow and grow. There were only a few colors used in the illustrations but I thought that was all that was needed because it really focused you on what the rabbits were talking about. I think this book could be read with younger kids and it would be fun for them to read with parents or loved ones. I think they would definately immitate the story. One thing that I kind of struggled with during the book were the names of the characters. There was Big Nutbrown Hare and Little Nutbrown Hare. I kept having to read the names over again and for some reason, I don't know why, the Nutbrown name just threw me off. Overall, I thought this was a very special book and it would be one that I would want to share with kids that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment