Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oh, Rats!


Oh Rats! is a book that definately caught my eye. I, like many other people would scream as lound as I could and jump to the highest spot in the room the instant I saw a rat. They are definately an animal with an extremely bad stereotype. After reading this book I definately have a much softer side for the animal.
The book begins by telling about a young boy who was deathly afraid of rats and his father told him they are not a bad animal and he should learn about them...so he did. The book has many interesting facts about the animal. The facts are told in a way that they are intersting to read. They were very easy to understand. The book seemed a little lengthy because there was a lot of text, but there were little boxes on every other page that told about a specific species of rat or interesting rat detail that I always looked forward to. For example, one box told about a rat that lived long ago that was the size of a small rhinoceros! The pictures in the book were simple, but definately needed to keep my interest. If your one of those people who would let out a high pitched yell if you saw this rodent...read Oh Rats! and give rats a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment