Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Arthur's Eyes


I couldn't pass up an Arthur book as I roamed the shelves at the library. Arthur used to be my favorite show on t.v., so it was fun to read a book about him. Marc Brown is the author and illustrator for these books. I like them becuase most of the Arthur books teach a lesson or talk about an issue most children will come accross. This book tells about how Arthur needs glasses. When he gets them, everyone makes fun of him. In the end, Arthur sees how it is important to wear his glasses and his friends envy his new glasses. It was a kind of wierd when looking at the pictures in the book, because I used to watch the t.v. show so much and the characters look very similiar, but not really the same as the show. This didn't distract me from the text, but I definately found myself looking at the characters a lot. I really do like the Arthur books. I think they are fun for kids to read becuase I feel like most people, especially children, will be able to connect to them. Also, I liked how the pages right inside the cover were pictures of glasses. It was just a fun way to introduce the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment