Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Twister


Twister was written by Darleen Bailey Beard and illustrated by Nancy Carpenter. I liked this book because it seemed so real to me. It told about a family who was caught up in a twister and had to hide in their storm cellar. The author did an amazing job of using descriptive words. She describes scenes in such detail that you are able to paint amazing pictures in your head. Her word choice is also very descriptive and makes the story very enjoyable. I noticed she used a lot of sound words. Instead of describing the sounds in the story she actually wrote them and I thought this was really neat. I thought there was a lot of emotion in the story. It made me feel really sorry for the family in the story and also very scared. The illustrations looked like colorful sketches. They were different from most picture books and I thought they were very pretty. The book is more about family,friends, and feelings than about twisters, but it does a nice job of describing what it would be like to be caught up in a twister.

No comments:

Post a Comment