Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Year Of Impossible Goodbyes

Year Of Impossible Goodbyes wasn't a book I really enjoyed reading. I thought it started out really slow and I couldn't really get into it. However, I felt bad for the grandfather in the book. It was sad how he could be considered a scholar at one point but then have that totally change because of his background. I thought it was really interesting to compare the two different books. I felt bad for both of the children in the families. I was thinking in class when we had our group discussion that it wasn't fair for people to not feel bad for these kids. It may be true that Japan did terrible things to Koreo and that is why people don't feel bad for them, but think of the children. They didn't have any say in what was going on between the countries and they still had to go through such hard situations. I can't imagine seeing the things those kids saw and having to do the things they did. I can't help but feel sorry for all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment