Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Apron

I chose My Apron because it was written and illustrated by one of my favorite authors Eric Carle. I absolutely love the illustrations in his stories. They are somewhat child like and the look like fingerpaint and it just reminds me of being a kid and fingerpainting with my mom. The illustrations make me feel like a kid again, so young, fun, and innocent. The story is about a young man who wants to be a plasterer like his uncle so his aunt makes him an apron with a pocket in the from and he helps his uncle do his job. It was very interesting to me because my parents are redoing their house and my uncle just did the plastering for them. It reminded me of my uncle and how he loves the job he does. The book made me think about all the things I wanted to be when I was growing up like a teacher, doctor, and professional basketball player. It is fun to think about all of the dreams children have when they are younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment