Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Amber Brown is not a Crayon


Amber brown was written by Paula Danziger. I chose this book because I remember when I was younger I used to really enjoy Amber Brown books. I think they appealed to me when I was younger because Amber was about my age when I was reading them. The title Amber Brown is Not a Crayon stuck out to me, I know it was one of my favorites. Amber is having one of the worst school years ever, but at least she has her best friend Justin to get her through. Then, just finds out he is moving away and he doesn't talk to Amber about it. Amber gets very angry and decides not to talk to Justin EVER! In the end Amber finally realizes the true value of friendship what she needs to do to get through in her life. I really liked reading this book. It just took me back to when I was younger and I felt like I could really relate to the story. I went through a similar situation when I was younger when one of my good friends had to move away. She ended up actually moving and we stayed pen pals for a long time, but the emotions that Amber Brown went thought I felt were really ratable. I remember being angry that my friend had to move and thinking it wasn't fair. I recommend Amber Brown books to everyone.. they take you back and make you feel like a kid again!

No comments:

Post a Comment