Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Final Reflection

I am truly happy I had the opportunity to take this class. I really enjoyed being able to read children's literature for pleasure. It's not often in my college life I give myself the opportunity to relax and enjoy picture books and novels. It was fun to read some of the books that I used to love as a kid, it really brought back a lot of memories. Not only did I enjoy the structure of the class, but I learned how to incorporate literature into my future classroom. I want to be that teacher who has an amazing library with a variety of books for kids to choose from. Learning about the different genres really opened up my eyes to all of the different things kids could be interested in. It was also interesting to me to discuss controversial books. Knowing how to talk to parents and handle situations is very important. Also being able to discuss different view points is very beneficial to me as a person and my future students. As I work on my text set, I discover what kinds of qualities good literature contains and what qualities I enjoy. This class had a very positive impact on me and my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment