Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Heard Said the Bird

I Heard Said the Bird is written by Polly Berrien Berends and illustrated by Brad Sheed. It is about a whole bunch of barnyard animals hear from the bird that there is going to be a "new one" and they are trying to figure out which animal is going to be having the new baby. At the end it is a new born baby that the little boy in the house shows all of the animals. The book is fun because it says a rhyming part over and over and kids would be able to remember what it says. It says I heard said the bird, how siad the cow, when said the hen, where said the mare, in the house said the mouse. The book builds up excitement and you can wait to see who it is at the end. The pictures of the animals are close up. My grandparents live on a farm and it really reminded me of when I was younger and got to go play with and feed all of the animals there.

No comments:

Post a Comment