Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Walter the Farting Dog


Walter the Farting Dog was written by William Kotzwinkle and Glenn Murray. It was illustrated by Audrey Colman. The book is about a family who gets a dog with gas so awful they have to take him back to the pound. In the end, he scares burglers away with his gas and becomes the family hero. I thought this book was really funny. It is one of a kind, I'm sure their aren't to many books about dogs with really bad gas. While I was reading, I was thinking it was so funny that someone could write so much about a farting dog, but the story line was very well written. I really enjoyed the illustrations in the story. The characters seemed so animated and very colorful. I also like the illustration of the acual farts that the dog was letting out. I have read this book to the kids at my daycare and they all think that it is very funny. The pictures that show how disguisted the peolpe are by the smell of the dog are quite comical.

1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    I love Walter the Farting Dog books! I think they are hilarious. Did you know that there is a series of these books. I think there is like 3 more books by this author! I love the part where everyone else blames Walter when they fart! I don't know why everyone thinks farts are funny but they are!

    ReplyDelete