Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sammy The Classroom Guinea Pig


Sammy The Classroom Guinea Pig was written and illustrated by Alix Berenzy. I initially picked this book off the shelf because my sisters nickname is Sammy and it caught my eye. It is about a classroom Guinea Pig who randomly starts squealing during class. The class tries to diagnose him and while they do this they offer a lot of interesting facts about guinea pigs in general. In the end the guinea pig just wanted attention from the children, his friends. I thought it was really cool how the author included facts about the guinea pig within the story. Right away it reminded me of my kindergarten class because we had a guinea pig as a class pet and we all got to take turns taking care of it by feeding it and cleaning it's cage. I have been thinking about when I'm a teacher if I would want to have a class pet in the room. This book helped confirm my decision that having a class pet would bring responsibility to the children and it would just be FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment