Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sally and the Purple Socks


Sally and the Purple Socks was written and illustrated by Lisze Bechtold. I picked this book off of the shelf because the cover and title made me think it would be a funny book, which it was. Sally sock that she ordered are to small but then they start to grow and grow and grow and Sally finds fun things to do with her new socks such as curtians and carpet. For some reason the book reminded me of the Dr. Suess book where the red spots keep spreading all around the house. I think that young children would definately find this book funny. I found myself excited to see what Sally was going to use her sock for next. There are only a few different colors in the story which I feel really draws your attention to the purple socks. At the the socks get wet and shrink back to normal just in time for winter. I found myself guessing what the socks were going to be used for next and I think this would be a fun activity for kids to do also.

No comments:

Post a Comment