Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pulling My Leg



Pulling My leg is written by Jo Carson with pictures by Julie Downing. I actually didn't really like the story. I thought it was going to talk about how pulling your leg can be a metaphor. I work at a daycare and there are times I will say things like this and the children will just look at me so confused. The story was kind of about this, but it never really said what "pulling my leg" meant. I think if a child was reading this and didn't know what it meant before they read it, they still wouldn't know afterwards. Also, there were a couple places in the book that I actually didn't understand. It randomly talked about a black snake and I wasn't sure if that meant a real snake or some type of tool or what. I guess I just feel if the book was confusing to me it would be confusing to a young child also. I did like how the book was about getting a loose tooth pulled out. It is always fun to joke around with children about them getting their teeth pulled out. I also liked the pictures in the story. They looked like someone drew them with colored pencil and I really liked this.

No comments:

Post a Comment